Latest Posts

Anticipation

By 15:51:00 , , , ,


Anticipation 

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
I’ll mew so loud that Cook in fright
Will give me all the cream in sight.
And anyone who dares to say
“Poor Puss” to me will rue the day.
Then having swallowed him I’ll creep
Into the Guest Room Bed to sleep. 
by Oliver Herford

I learnt that poem many yeas ago and still remember it, I am not a cat but I am anticipating a few things. And that is what this post is about. I am also sure there are a few things I have forgotten but obviously I am not anticipating them much if I have forgotten them.

The closest thing I am anticipating is the release of Songkeeper..... the second book in "The Songkeeper Chronicles" which will also be a trilogy. Check out the cover! I enjoyed book one but I have an ARC of Songkeeper and am halfway though it and it is even better, when I am finished I will post a review, and in a few days some more fan art because there are so many scenes I could draw. 



Secondly, Brotherband 6: The Ghostfaces by John Flanagan. When I first heard the title of this one I thought it was rather weird and not so nice sounding, but after reading the synopsis it makes sense. So here is that synopsisWhen the brotherband crew are caught in a massive storm at sea, they're blown far off course, surviving only because they wash up on the shores of a land that isn't on any of Hal's maps. 

They're being watched, but they don't know if the locals are friend or foe – until the brotherband spring into action to rescue two children from a marauding bear, earning the Herons the gratitude of the Mawagansett people. The peace is short-lived. The ruthless, warmongering Ghostface tribe are heading their way, and the Herons must help their new friends repel an invasion. 

Among the nail-biting battles and heart-stopping action, one Heron must make an agonising decision that could change the brotherband forever. 

John Flanagan writes his action packed books so well and they are filled with such Australian humour, our family just enjoys these stories so much.



A Time To Rise is probably the thing I wish would hurry up and be released sooner than all the rest, I need to read this book.... I really... really...do. I can't wait.. but alas I must.



JASON BOURNE 5; this one is quite different from the other things I am anticipating the release of, one, it is a movie, and two, I really don't know what to expect of it. I hope it is as epic as the previous movies ...... I am anticipating it but I don't necessarily  recommend it or the others movies before it to most of my readers.... they are really well done but really violent... But I do hope this movie is a good as the first few!


Another thing I am anticipating is my birthday! Yes I know it is just over a month away but still it is my birthday! YAY!..... oh golly I am going to be so old......

And the last thing I can thing of is Austockphoto. It is a new stock photography gallery. Where you will be able to buy heaps of all Australian images from. I am a photographer for it! They are hoping to launch in the middle of the year sometime.

What are you anticipating? Books being released, movies, something else?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ah yes, I'm really looking forward to reading Brotherband book 6...It sounds just as epic as the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I LOVE your blog Clare! And you do B.R.I.G.H.T Lights as well??? I do too! It is really great! I'm so glad I found your blog and can't wait for more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes my younger sister and I run a B.R.I.G.H.T Lights group at our house one fortnight and at another family's place on the opposite fortnight. So glad you like my blog too.

      Delete