Latest Posts

The Gratitude Tag

By 10:09:00 ,

Thanks to Anna from The 3 Musketeers I have been tagged for a tag without rules, The Gratitude Tag. It looks like quite a good tag, for we are commanded to give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.~1 Thessalonians 5:18 And when you are being thankful it is rather hard to be sad and depressed.  


1. What is your favorite quote or verse that reminds you to be grateful? 
I don't really have a favourite as such, but I first though of Philippians 4:6-7, 


do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I like that verse because I am one to be anxious about things, and it is good for me to remember to pray about things and give thanks for what I have been blessed with. There is also Colossians 3:17, 


And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Which is a very good reminder to give thanks all the time, even when it is hard in circumstances in which it would be much easier for you to grumble. 


2. Who are you grateful for?
A lot of people, I could answer this question forever. But I shall choose my parents, for they are the two people (other than God) who have most shaped my life. I am so grateful for all they have taught me about living in a biblical, God honoring way.

3. What life events are you grateful for?
Again a lot, but as for something specific.... years ago all my friends moved away, at the time I did not like that, who would? In hindsight I now see that having no friends for a while helped me in a lot of ways.  I grew closer to God, because I read my bible instead of playing with friends, and I realized that friends could always move away and are often only for parts of our lives, or at least we have different kinds of friendship with them at different stages in life. But God will always be there. 

I also grew closer to my sisters, who when I was younger were mostly just annoyances, and well little sisters. Now we three are sisters who are also best friends, I am so grateful for that! 

4. What is something you are grateful for but often times don’t think about?
You know I could answer almost anything to this question at the moment though I am going to say my eyes; for two reasons. I just finished reading 'The Cay' a book in which the main character is blind. and I have been preparing a B.R.I.G.H.T Lights lesson on contentment and for that I have been reading about Fanny Crosby, a hymn writer who was blind and for an activity, we are going to try doing some things (like drawing pictures) while being 'blind'. We already had a practice of that and I am so grateful that I have eyes!

5. What are you going to do to show people your gratitude towards them?
Assuming I am going to do something well... I like notes, and so I like to give people little notes. I generally do it in a fairly random way.... and I also like presents so that is another way I show.... well... gratitude, friendship or whatever. I think it can be rather cool to receive a gift or note for no reason in particular, so I often do that to others, mostly family members but friends as well.

I tag;
Emily@Amity
Sarah@Trusting In The Lord
And Nadine Brandes; one of my favourite writers here

You Might Also Like

0 comments