Latest Posts

The Liebster Award!

By 09:47:00 , ,

I have got another award, at least though it is a different one, and has nothing sunshiny about it! Thank you Hannah at Radical Femininity for nominating me for this award. It seems I must follow rules again... I could find 11 bloggers to nominate but then a lot of them would have no one to nominate, well nearly all of them. It also seems one must use the award so I mustusesomeoneelse'sgraphic! This will be the third post I have done that in. (So far as I rember) So here I go with the Liebster Award and no I have no idea how that is meant to be pronounced. I have  looked up what it means though....Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Ok that makes nominating other blogs even more awkward... but how can you have 11 nicest blogs? Most of the blogs I most enjoy reading are not really blogs I think would do awards.... oh well here goes.


1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. (preferably their Liebster post)
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. (and if you don't know of that many bloggers nominate less.)
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.

I didn't change the rules much this time...Facts about me, well they are going to be random aren't they... 

1, 2 and 3. My name is Clare I have long hair and I have a sore knee. Actually that is not entirely true I don't have a sore knee..... It just rhymed and I like rhymes.

4. I am 17 which to me sounds really old and on my birthday I actually wrote down then counted all the years since 1997....

5. I really like the call of the Glossy-black Cockatoo and the Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo. They are very similar and sound a little like a seabird, but sad and beautiful, though not musical.

6. I like gum trees with branches that hang down so the leaves brush on my head as I walk by.

7. I think... a lot, though some count it as a very dangerous pastime.

8. I have four fingers on each hand.....along with a thumb

9. I hold my pen wrong when I write and when I draw and I also hold my fork wrong. Apparently..... I don't see why I shouldn't hold it how I like to though .

10. Writing these is really hard for me... I should be able to think of more interesting things. Then maybe you my dear readers do find these interesting. andmaybenot

11. I really, really like comments on my blog posts!

And the questions I need to answer...

1. What is your favorite Bible verse?
I have so many favourites but I have always really liked Psalm 121 and I have memorized it in NIV, though now I use an ESV bible.

Psalm 121
A song of ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

2. Have you ever slaughtered an animal for food?
No I can't do that, I just can't, I would really have to be very hungry to do something like that... really, really hungry, which praise the Lord I have never been, I am so blessed!

3. If you could live in any era, which would it be?
The middle ages, I think though now is not all that bad at all. But I do really like the middle ages. 

4. What is your favorite style of music?
I don't rightly know, I like a lot of things that my mum and dad grew up listing to particularly if they are about Australia or by John Williamson. I listen to a lot of Christian worship songs by people like Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman, Colin Buchanan is rather fun. I like the "Seeds" family worship CD's. I listen to soundtracks of movies I like, The Man From Snowy River and The Hobbit, we also often have playing something from Frozen... or some variation of Let it Go.... which I like and hate.... I hate how it just gets so stuck in my head!

5. What country would you really like to visit?
Somewhere in the Arab world There is something about Arabs that I really like. Though mostly I don't like traveling at all and I don't much like heat but I think I would chose a place like that if it had to be somewhere other than home.

6. Do you garden?
Well the word garden can have a few meanings but I will start by assuming this is a verb. Because I certainly am not a piece of ground adjoining a house, used for growing flowers, fruit, or vegetables.... So do I work in a garden? Do I take care of plants? Hmm I rip out plants most often if that taking care of them? But then the grass is not meant to be part of ornamental grounds laid out for public enjoyment and recreation. I would also say that pulling grass out of gardens is work and so is carting loads of chip around. I do both of those so yes I garden. I not a garden though! (that is not proper English either) 

If that question was implying that I really like planting plants and watering them and such then no. I do do all that and I enjoy it somewhat but it is not a hobby of mine. It needs doing though so I do do it happily but not just because I love it.

7. What is one prayer that you have had answered?
My prayers for being content and not worrying about what I am going to do with myself. I have been feeling content to let each day come and resting in God knowing that he will bring opportunities and show me what he wants of my life.

8. Do you like the country or city?
The country, because I'd rather be trampled by cows than run-over by cars. Of course if I could not have either happen I would be even happier as long as I was not in the city.

9. Have you ever been to the chiropractor?
Um no I know a chiropractor is a doctor of sorts but other than that I am blissfully unaware and I have no wish to find out.

10. Would you prefer tea or coffee?
Would I prefer tea of coffee what? I would prefer to drown in tea. Coffee would kill me faster though, I think just a bath in it would be enough so maybe coffee would do the job better. This is assuming that by 'tea' it is meant the tea one drinks and not the tea one eats at.... tea time... which some people call dinner or supper or some such thing. 

If of course you do mean the dinner/supper tea, well it also depends on what you mean to do with it. Drink it? Well neither, drinking coffee could have the same effect on me that breathing coffee contaminated air could, and drinking dinner could be disastrous too. *imagining drinking rice* Unless of course it happens to be a night on which tea is tomato or pumpkin soup, in which case I would chose tea.

In most other cases I would chose tea I think no matter what the definition of it is. Unless it was which would I rather have eliminated from the universe, that answer would obviously be COFFEE! Yes I chose coffee to be eliminated form the known world!

Short answer: neither

11. What is your life goal?
The primary purpose of man is to glorify God By enjoying him forever so that also is mine. Also though, I wish to bring others to a closer relationship to our saviour by being an example to believers and non believers alike. Since goal is 'the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result' I want to make a difference in this world for the glory of God. I want someones life to be different because of me.

Ok now to nominate 11 people.... But really I don't think that is fair. And after looking up the definition of Liebster.... blogs I really like.... ok just forget about that definition Ann (my littlest sister) does not have a blog, neither do the twins at church. So I'm going to nominate some people but not 11.... so those people can nominate others.... And I find one person has already got this award.... another does not participate in blogger awards.... and I know they wont want to do it.... they have already got it. And All the people who I could nominate may be getting rather annoyed at me nominating them for blogger awards...  I think I shall change it to five bloggers.... or even four. Right now totally forget that description of Liebster and I nominate...

Emily at Amity
Milk Maid at Lecheria Criada
Zach at Zach's Abode
and Jane in The Misty Mountains

and now you can answer some questions and tell us facts and nominate the rest of the 11 people.... now the questions I ask.... Oh making up questions is no easy task.

1.What series of books did you used to like but now realize is pretty terrible?
2.Who's your favourite Villain/Baddie?
3.What is your favourite place to be? (In bed is not allowed)
4.What is your favorite memory?
5.Can you solve a rubix cube?
6.Can you dance, if not do you want to learn?
7.Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone, and if so what was it?
8.Flat tire or airplane?
9.If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
10.When playing naughts and crosses which do you pick?
11.Whats the last thing you drew a picture of?

If one of those questions really caught your eye, answer it in a comment, (unless I nominated you, in which case you have to do a post....well you don't have to but you are supposed to) I'm really going to run out of questions soon....

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. 1.What series of books did you used to like but now realize is pretty terrible? ~ None really.
    2.Who's your favourite Villain/Baddie? ~ Guy of Gisborn from the BBC Robin Hood
    3.What is your favourite place to be? (In bed is not allowed) ~ Where my family is.
    4.What is your favorite memory? ~ Holidays with my family (I don't have just one favorite).
    5.Can you solve a rubix cube? ~ I have owned two rubix cubes and never solved either.
    6.Can you dance, if not do you want to learn? ~ Depends on who you ask. I say I can dance my family says otherwise. And, yes, I do want to learn.
    7.Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone, and if so what was it? ~ Well I called my brother when he was on his way home from college and asked him if he wanted dinner A of B. And then when he got home all he had was a peanut butter sandwich waiting. (He still got a decent dinner after that though).
    8.Flat tire or airplane? ~ Flat tire
    9.If you could ask your future self one question what would it be? ~ What mistakes should I avoid?
    10.When playing naughts and crosses which do you pick? ~ Assuming naughts and crosses is the same thing as tic-tac-toe then I choose crosses.
    11.Whats the last thing you drew a picture of? ~ I haven' the faintest idea. Probably a mountain.

    :)

    HP

    ReplyDelete